Halloween Happenings in Belmont
Posted by Tina Bacci on 10/27/18
Halloween is next week! Are you ready? In addition to the treats available here at our front desk at The Royal Belmont, there’s plenty of neighborhood fun to be had. Stop by the main office and show off your costumes! Here’s a few of the events on our list this year:
For the Kiddos…
Belmont Town Hall – Early Bird Trick or Treating!
- Kick off the season of spooky by visiting the Belmont Town Hall complex at 455 Concord Avenue on Monday, October 29th, 2018 for trick-or-treating from 4:00 – 6:00 pm.
- Treats only! The official Town of Belmont trick-or-treating takes place Wednesday, October 31st starting at 5:00 pm. Be sure to bring a flashlight and walk only on sidewalks!
- Start your trick-or-treating at Cushing Square this Halloween for lots of free goodies provided by the local businesses. Get the most of your spooktacular Halloween costume! Trick or treating begins at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, October 31st.
Grown-Up Ghouls Only…
Scary Cheese Tasting
- This Halloween season, join the cheese mongers at Formaggio Kitchen in Cambridge for the sixth annual tour of fiendishly pungent, complex washed-rind cheeses and ghoulishly rich and biting blues that will have you pulling the covers over your eyes. Of course, you’ll enjoy several adult beverages to help shake the chill of terror off your mortal coil. Purchase tickets here.
Craft Beer Cellar + Night Shift Brewing Tasting
- Join the Craft Beer Cellar of Belmont and Night Shift Distributing for the spookiest of tastings on Halloween from 3-5 PM. Come out and try some delicious offerings such as Night Shift Brewing’s new Feral IPA variants, Mast Landing Brewing Company’s Milk Stout Gunner’s Daughter, sours from Destihl Brewery, and more. Candy, prizes, swag for giveaways, and costumes are certainly encouraged! More details here.
- It’s Alive! From the Central Square Theatre Company: 18th century, Europe. Doctor Victor Frankenstein’s creation – the Creature – childlike in his innocence, is cast out into society by his horror-struck creator. As he learns to survive and master the highest of human skills, he searches for his creator to make a deal. Commemorating the 200th anniversary of Mary Shelley’s classic gothic tale that created the science fiction genre, Frankenstein brings urgent concerns about scientific responsibility and the nature of good and evil. Experience Frankenstein through live theater at the Central Square Theatre Company. Runs through November 4th.